Growing up on Africa's east coast, I wanted to be a nurse, an air hostess, or a fashion designer as a young girl. I went to design college, and years later, when I moved to Europe, worked in the fashion industry as a sales rep.
After a back injury, I left employment to follow my passion for reading and opened a bookshop in Germany. As an avid reader, for seven years, I was one of my best customers :-) Then e-commerce exploded, the recession hit, and Amazon became a competitor I couldn't keep up with. So armed with an "If you can't beat them, join them" attitude, I pivoted. Wrote, and published my first book, then closed the shop and took my business online. I then ventured into part-time freelancing and coaching and later operated a women's clothing line.
With over 12 years of internet marketing experience, a background in the sales, market research, and social studies industries in Germany, these days, I write, train, and consult on how to grow a brand online using content marketing.
Because the digital marketing landscape is continuously evolving, I stay updated on the industry's developments with HubSpot training.
That's a bit about my story in a nutshell . Also, I now go by Nungari.
1. I Speak four languages
2. Books, fashion, TEDx Talks, and sax music make me happy
3. A published author on Amazon and award-winning speaker
4. Nominee of the 2019 German Digital Female Leader Awards
5. Voted one of the 100 Influential Africans in Germany in 2016
6. Curious ambivert with a Kenyan temperament and German work ethic
7. I write, speak, and podcast about personal development and well-being.