Growing up on Africa's east coast, I wanted to be a nurse, an air hostess, or a fashion designer as a young girl. I went to design college, and years later, when I moved to Europe, worked in the fashion industry as a sales rep.
After a back injury, I left employment to follow my passion for reading and opened a bookshop in Germany. As an avid reader, for seven years, I was one of my best customers :-) Then e-commerce exploded, the recession hit, and Amazon became a competitor I couldn't keep up with. So armed with an "If you can't beat them, join them" attitude, I pivoted. Wrote, and published my first book, then closed the shop and took my business online. I then ventured into part-time freelancing and coaching and later operated a women's clothing line.
With over 12 years of internet marketing experience, a background in the sales, market research, and social studies industries in Germany, these days, I write, train, and consult on how to grow a brand online using content marketing.
Because the digital marketing landscape is continuously evolving, I stay updated on the industry's developments with HubSpot training.
That's a bit about my story in a nutshell . Also, I now go by Nungari.
1. I Speak four languages
2. A published author on Amazon
3. I enjoy books, fashion, TEDx Talks, and saxophone music
4. Nominee of the 2019 German Digital Female Leader Awards
5. Voted one of the 100 Influential Africans in Germany in 2016
6. I write, speak, and podcast about personal development and well-being
7. Curious ambivert with a Kenyan temperament and German work ethic.